Friday, April 23, 2004

spoetry

While I hate spam like any rational human, I'm occasionally tricked into reading it, foolishly believing it to be an actual message from some girl named Elena Laurine or whatever who knows me. Not that I do this often, but I am gullible enough to have noticed a small trend. Whoever sends this stuff out either has a phrase generator or somebody's got a great job. To wit:
Dear noisily hornbill monetary jaquima asperity depilation kharkov phonetics grappling jars boyhood lahar ,

Um, what?

leading dryadella adelgid supremely neoliberal . oppugnancy gisarme penitence bindery cognate bhutan eggshaped . distance agnostic ordnance ultimacy moralist fruitwood gambusia stuccco trimmer distort mump spero orbignya arecidae pipra

It gets my attention, but I'm just not going to buy anything from anybody who puts the words "oppugnancy" and "spero" in their ads. What are these people thinking? What am I thinking? Why the hell am I writing about spam? Dang, they got me.