Thursday, October 30, 2003

Whew

Well, just a couple more hours until my last midterm and things are rather tense in the library. Groups of L1s sit at tables literally covered with a dazzling array of papers, highlighted in at least seven shades of day-glo, buzzing on coffee and collectively freaking out. This is certainly an important test, but a couple of my fellow students seem about to lose it. I saw one girl's outline - she had highlighted almost the whole thing. What's the point? Despite the stress of exams, I've always sort of enjoyed them, the way everyone is in communal commiseration and one constant theme dominates every conversation. You meet more people when everybody's huddled together packing their brains. Anyway, this calls for celebration so there will be a party tonight at my house in Ada after the exam. I'll expect you all at 8:00 sharp for heavy hors d'oeuvres, and we'll sashay over the the Beagle at around ten. Dress is black tie (except for Regan, who gets to wear Birkenstocks). Just one caveat: No law talk. I'll suffer no federal regulation ponderings during the spiced meats and Veuve Clicquot.