Thursday, October 16, 2003

huh?

I just got out of a lecture by Allen Farnsworth, one of the authors of my Contracts casebook and a leading light in international contracts law, and I have absolutely no idea what was just said. The way the professors were all nodding and chuckling clued me in that something coherent and possibly enlightening was being described, but I felt like I was a foreign country, surrounded by a language I had no ability to understand. I'm just glad were weren't quizzed on it. I think he did say "unilateral contract" once, and for a brief moment I was back in little 'ol Ada, Ohio, but after that feeling passed I wandered lost for forty minutes across vast fields of nomenclature, gazing at the horizon for some clue as to where the hell I was. Hoo boy. Maybe one day I'll be able to comprehend a tenth of what was said.