Thursday, January 18, 2007

overheard

A few gems from my perennial favorite blog in passing, which documents the little snippets of weird conversation you pick up in a big city on any given day.
"I want her to have a going away party, so I can say, 'Oh, I'm not going. I'll be celebrating in private.'"
-- A girl talking to a guy on BART

"It's just that I've yet to really find someone who was willing to commit."
"Too much 'just hooking up, not enough quote unquote together?'"
"No, not commit to me, commit to the drama. Really dive in, you know?"

-- A girl and a guy at Jupiter

"It must be so sad to be a lady with a flower stand. People buying flowers for their girlfriends all day, for their mothers, for their birthdays."
"That sounds really happy, actually."
"Yeah, but no one's ever going to buy flowers for her. They'll think, 'flower lady. Doesn't need more flowers.'"
"I'll bet she's sick of flowers. With a job like that you probably want... waffles."
-- A girl and a guy walking down Durant St.