Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cheers, yo

I have no idea what I was saying in this photo, but whatever it was it must have been really funny. Or really cheesy. Considering that I'm double-fisting in a tie, it is likely that I'm spouting some boisterous nonsense, neither funny nor relevant. Forgive me, Joe.

Well this weekend was a blast. MP and I headed up to Indiana for her cousin Ann's wedding, which went down in the Basilica on Notre Dame's campus. A beautiful place, though I noticed it seemed rather religious. The church, that is. We had a great time seeing the O'Connors and the Vargas and Hastings and everyone else, and we managed to get quite silly. See picture above.

Ann and Mike are a great couple and will shine brightly. It was a treat to watch them dive in just like MP and I did a year ago. Although I raised many a glass this weekend, I raise another to Ann and Mike and wish them the best in the years to come. Chicago is blessed to have them around, as are we.