Sunday, April 23, 2006

nice

Oh I do love new stuff. I recently sold my old mp3 player on eBay and bought the new mobiBLU cube, dubbed as the "world's smallest mp3 player." I'm inclined to agree. It's a fun little player, but the problem is that the charger is odd--it's a USB cord rather than a normal AC charger. It charges by plugging it in to your computer. Now this is good idea normally, because I use the computer to actually put the songs on the player, but recently I was traveling with the player and didn't have my computer with me. Oh darn, I need more stuff. It was apparent that I'd have to break down and buy the "optional" AC charger for $50.00 or something, which I was not willing to do. So after a little search on the internet(s), I found a cool little device I thought I'd share with ya--the 9-volt USB charger. With this little fella, you can charge most any device using a simple 9 volt battey. All you need is the right cord. Here's where I bought the device, and here's what it looks like (note the cool retrofitted Altoids container):

Apparently the idea has caught on. Here's a site that shows you how to build one of these yourself.