Friday, July 02, 2004

Week One

And the verdict is: I love my job. I just finished up my first week here at Balch and Bingham, and I can't believe how much better than law school this is. I'm just an intern, so my duties are minimal, but it just feels good to be working on things that actually matter to a client. Do I really have to do two more years of school? Can't I just pick everything up as I go along?

<---wakes up

Anyway, this week I've been researching Internet and e-mail privacy issues in the workplace, and let me tell you--nothing's private. It's almost scary how little control we have over who sees what we communicate over the Web. The only sure way to keep anything secret is to be boring. The present site provides a supreme example.

Well, 'tis Friday and I'm off to Pensacola with Dad and Caroline for a weekend of seafood and sunburn. Happy Fourth, folks. Remember: point the firework away from you. Let's avoid any personal injury claims, why don't we?