Tuesday, May 11, 2004

exodus

Wow. Two exams left, Civil Procedure and Criminal Law, and I will be a third of the way through this intense experience. Let praises resound from the rooftops. After all this studying of law, I’ve discovered that it should be illegal to be stuffed inside these buildings all day while it’s so nice outside. After my last exam I’m heading down to Georgia for my cousin Brice’s wedding, then off to parts unknown. I may visit Belford in Savannah. Might head to Charleston for some surfing.

As usual, I defer to Mr. Whitman:

AFOOT and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune--I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road.


Indeed. All I’m packing are my bike, my kayak, stereo, Scout and a suit. I’ll see y’all shortly.